Creating online content for constituents has never been so complicated. The public sector is expected to create more content, for more communication channels, with fewer resources than ever before.
Content strategy – an emerging discipline focused on effectively creating, maintaining, and managing content – can help.
This seminar will be valuable for anyone responsible for creating or maintaining content in his/her organization. We’ll discuss:
• What content strategy is and why it’s important
• How citizens’ expectations of content from government agencies (and related organizations) are changing
• Key trends in online communication relevant to public sector organizations
• Core communication tactics for public information dissemination (e.g., propaganda, persuasion, participation) and how to use them ethically and effectively
• How to tackle the “internal politics” of content ownership and maintenance
• Examples of good and bad content strategy practices online
• Simple tips for getting (and keeping) your online content in control
Examples/case studies from government agencies/departments, politicians, non-profits, lobbyists, and other public service organizations will be used to illustrate points throughout.
Meghan Casey is a content strategist at Brain Traffic, the world’s leading agency devoted exclusively to content. With extensive experience in marketing communications and a master’s degree in public administration, Meghan is uniquely qualified to talk about creating and managing content in the public sector. Meghan is a regular speaker on content strategy topics, and she helps a wide variety of clients – from start up non-profits to Fortune 50 companies – solve messy content problems every day.
For media partnerships, contact Jaimey Walking Bear (707) 827-7176 email@example.com
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To stay abreast of conference news and to receive email notification when registration opens, please sign up for the Gov 2.0 Expo newsletter.
View a complete list of Gov 2.0 Events contacts.